Well, maybe yes and no. Many of the problems the electorate are blaming him for aren't really his fault. The buck does stop with him, but are you going to blame him for not taking the bins out on time?
There is so much good that has come out of the last few years, espcially in the last 12 month.
- We cant just blame him for the failure of Copenhagen - how many other people where there? He wanted to set up an ETS, invest in sustainable energy, install insulation into all homes ... but it was beaten down by the opposition, rogue agents started to exploit the system. It was too harsh for the Opposition, too weak for the Greens.
- We can blame him for the debt, but isn't it better that the country go into a little debt than for you to loose your job, your car and your home? The world is still in turmoil, Greece is causing major problems in the rest of the EU. Why wouldnt you be happy to live in a country where so many others would happily trade places?
- Mild tax reform, yes he may be a bit weak in not adopting all of Dr Henry's proposals but at least we are finally investing back into land care and supporting communites that are affected by the mining industry.
- Paid Maternity leave will come to fruition
- More money going towards education
- Hospital take over (or at least being the dominant funder)
- More money is going into Education