Friday, October 2, 2009

Recycled wrapping paper

I try to be aware of my environment and to act sustainably where ever possible. I'm never going to be one of those crazy Prius driving, hemp wearing hippys but I do like to follow the philosophy where we can reduce our waste, protect what we can of the environment and save money.

My latest project was wrapping presents. There is nothing better than a beautifully wrapped present, regardless of how much the paper and the ribbon cost. It was my sisters birthday a few days ago and this is how I wrapped her present ... using a recycled Franklins catalogue.



I found some solid colour strips so that is the "ribbon" and then with the rest of the sheet, I just wrapped it. As for the bow, I just made one of those floral things by looping long strips of the paper and then stapling it to hold in place. I did it twice, one big and one smaller so it looks fuller.

Its still uses sticky-tape and uses 2 staples, but I think I made it look presentable and am proud of it. After she unwrapped it, the paper then was put straight into the recycle bin. Saved me money and looked good.

No comments: