Sunday, November 30, 2008

Today Vs Tomorrow

I'm not going to go into detail about how I feel about what has been happing in my 2nd home, Mumbai but ... I have comments about the assailants. Whilst studying at university I was part of an organisation called AIESEC, a global organisation, in over 90 countries. Through AIESEC we meet people, learn about and develop skills in the hope to create a better understanding of the world, its cultures and people.

We live in hope that the youth of tomorrow will be the salvation of all this sort of thing. From seeing the faces of the assailants and reading the reports, I was so shocked to find out they were my age and younger!!

As a young person, as one of the privileged in this world, I feel lucky to be living where I do. It hurts knowing that places close to my heart are damaged, bombed and ruined, it hurts even more to know the age of them. Is this continuation of destruction, lack of compassion and lack of diplomacy to be the world in which I grow old in??

No comments: